Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

the furnace in my ass



I figured since I've been posting so sporadically, I'd better go with a 'clickbait' title. The title is just okay, but that picture of a vintage furnace is really spectacular.

For reals, though, I have been moving more in the last week- some walks down on the strand, a trip to the gym, another walk around the neighborhood. I had the not-so-earth-shattering thought on my way to my car this morning that just by adding a few days of moderate exercise to my week I'm activating my body to process calories and burn fat. I can feel my body temperature rising, my muscles have that 'good ache', I'm sleeping better, and the bloat is lessening.

Today is day TWO back on low carb/keto. I am thrilled to be able to say I've logged two full days on MyFitnessPal. While I was flailing around over the last month with sugar, bread, rice, cheap milk chocolate, cinnamon roll french toast at IHOP, and other even more cringe-worthy foods, I started to have those 'maybe I should just eat in moderation' thoughts.  But then, after burping up a mouthful of chocolate ice cream Sunday night and spending a day and half feeling absolutely gross because of the cycle of overeating that starts when I allow myself simple carbs, I scrapped that idea.  I started looking at Poonapalooza's clean eating logs, I visited Carbtripper's site, and I even paid good old Craig from ruled.me for his latest downloadable cookbook (it's called keto-fied! and it's pretty good). Finally, I went over to reddit and looked at some keto photo friday before-and-afters.

This way of eating works for me, and I have to do it every day. I lost over 30 lbs in three months, and now I'm halfway through the 6th month of the year and haven't looked at the scale since April. Time slips by so fucking easily when you're feeling bad about your choices, so I'm writing again tonight because I won't stop. I also realized that even if it's not exactly 'how' I'll lose the pounds, I know that I feel better when I light the furnace- so exercise will happen at least four days per week.

Thanks so much for your comments and check-ins; I appreciate it so much.  I was down but not out, and there is another half a year of 2014 that I won't let slide by. Off to catch up on your blogs and posts...Have a good week.




No comments:

Post a Comment