Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Update from Protein Town

The pic was my lunch Sunday. I took it because I thought it was kind of beautiful and definitely more appetizing than a big old steak or a couple of grey porkchops.

Today (Wed.) was day FIVE eating no grains of any kind and completely cutting out sugar (including sweeteners of any kind; no diet coke, splenda, stevia, etc.). It's past 11pm now and I'm still full from dinner despite the fact that it was about 1/3 the size of what I typically ate for dinner even when I was having an alleged 'good' day on Weight Watchers. I want to slow down a hot minute and again say that I do believe WW as a concept works, will work, and worked for many others in the past but right now I seem to be having a personal epiphany here with low carb.

My take so far is- the rumors are true.

You chop off a few lbs very quickly. I lost 4 in two days and then I stopped weighing daily because I don't want to get on the scale every day; I will go back to Saturday morning weigh-ins soon.

The first few days I was foggy/cranky/slow and I actually dreamed about various sugary foods for like three nights in a row.

By the third day I was feeling better (Monday) and then yesterday and today just felt kind of content because I felt 'full'- or maybe full is not the right word-I felt like NOT EATING which for a life long compulsive eater is maybe even more mind blowing. Yes, I think that's it. I've experienced what it's like to not want to eat.

I've done Atkins and low-carb-esque plans in the past but I've never gone as far as to cut out all types of sugar; I've always done splenda or had a diet soda or made those low-carb 'desserts' with ricotta cheese and stevia and almond flour crumble etc. For now I'm staying completely away and I think that's why it's working so well. I have no way of knowing, but I've been pretty sure (and very afraid of the idea) that if I get an updated blood test doctors would tell me I'm diabetic or at the very least pre-diabetic. Without getting too over the top, I feel like by eating this way I am in the beginning steps of reversing an illness.

I also checked out some amazing before and after shots at Poonapalooza's site and saw that she's also a low carber. I am feeling that this is 'right' in my bones, but it was also awesome to see some sweet 'after' shots and read about someone who is down 122 lbs. 

Finally, I want to thank the amazing work-in-progess that is Skinny Bitch for linking to my site and for being awesome.



No comments:

Post a Comment