Sunday, June 16, 2013
YUP!
In the style of, well, ME, I went off the rails after achieving a little bit of a goal (30 lbs). Sometime after May 5th I abandoned my cleaner eating low-carb plan and started puffing up, feeling tired, gaining weight. I got angry at myself but not angry enough to right the ship, and I would conservatively estimate that I've put back 10-15 lbs in the last 6 weeks or so.
I am staying away from the scale for another month while I do my own version of a whole 30-
tomorrow I will return to a lower carb, no-sugar, no-grains plan that works for me. After I get through a month of 'resetting' (or whatever buzzword you like), I'll get back to weekly weigh-ins. My husband has requested that we don't go 'full Atkins' so I'm going to make cleaner choices and reduce cheese and dairy this time. I may also buy whole fruits but for the first few days I will likely stay away from sweet tastes altogether.
If I lived in Canada I would probably sign up with poonapalooza's doctor from the beginning of her weight loss journey, but for now I will use my personal experience as well as the magical World Wide Web to cobble together my plan. Other blogs and sites that I will draw from include: primaljourney, mark's daily apple, the paleo diet website, and the food rules from the Whole30. Plus all of your blogs, which I've been avoiding because my face has been buried in a bag of pita chips.
Here are some things that I will keep front and center:
Today is June 16. I haven't been on a plane since December 2011 and part of the reason why I didn't travel back to Massachusetts last year is because I'm too big to fly comfortably (or even mildly uncomfortably). I am going home for Christmas this year and I refuse to let my weight get in the way. I don't expect to drop 100 in 6 months, but I can lose 60 lbs.
Adam and I plan to go back to Vegas for a night at the end of September. When we went for his 40th we were both down almost 25 lbs and feeling 'good' but there is no way we're going to feel good heading back there heavier than we were in March. No. Nope. No. (no).
I'm getting older. I'm feeling older. I want to start moving more and I want to feel good about it. I want to feel younger.
Thanks to everyone who reads this blog; I am going the distance. Fuck these last six weeks. Fuck 'em.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I wondered where you'd gone! Sorry you've hit a rough patch. I've had them, too, of course...still do. If you're like me, once I get pissed at myself, the anger just leads me to eat more. It's vicious! You're right...fuck the last 6 weeks. It's over. Gone. Done. Every time you put something in your mouth you have an opportunity to pick something healthier. I'll be pulling for you and sending you positive energy. Go the distance, girl.
ReplyDeleteFUUUUUUCK! Worst feeling in the world!
ReplyDeleteGuess what though? You've acknowledged it. You're aware. You hate it. Get up and kick those 10-15 pounds back off again! You've done it before. Get back up and kill it! GO FOR IT! DO IT! Start NOW. You can do it.
I'm glad to be reading you again. What Chubby said! You know exactly what you need to do, so no more back tracking. Get it done darlin'!
ReplyDeleteGood for you for recognizing you swayed from the program long enough and are now ready to get back at it!
ReplyDeleteI got a grip on things about a month ago, did pretty well but have begun feeling myself slide again. I came back to writing my blog and reading the blogs I follow. I really feeling reading the blogs helps me to stay focused.
The best thing to do is just start again. I'm sending ya some good mojo!
I think I invented back sliding!! I went to AA and Weight Watchers so freakin many times.. I could never walk into another meeting I was too shameful. I could not put even a few days together. I think it was my son having the same problems that really woke me up. Not even the damage I did was enough. That sucks to type that last sentence. My son and I both got sober, he didn't embrace the entire life style change like I did, but I haven't given up hope. When people say you don't, won't or can't change for someone else... bull... you are just ready when you are ready, for everyone that is different. For some people in my life, sadly that was never. I didn't make a lifestyle change until I was freakin 50!!! talk about a slow ass learner!! :P
ReplyDelete