Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Scale. Goal.

I did it. I got on our DUSTY-ass scale this morning. I'm up 14 lbs since May 4th and like I said earlier this week, I'm ready to put my name on it and own up to where I am today. This puts my 'total loss' at 16 lbs. 30 looked so much nicer on the weight loss ticker but it's been a lie for awhile.

Today is a clean, low carb slate. Thursday is my new weigh-in day, friends.

I am setting goal of hitting a total of 40 lbs in four weeks. That will be my one year Bloggiversary and it will be two days before a long weekend trip we have planned.

That means 6 lbs per week. Deep breath. I promise you I'm heavy enough to do it and hitting that number will not involve actual starvation. It's like a regular chunky person losing 3 per week; for reals.

I'm still working on listening to body instead of my mind and I'm experiencing good things.

Some observations over the last two weeks:
Just a few days into eating clean/low carb I start sleeping better.
When we went to a baseball game this past Saturday, I was eight days in to no starch/grains/added sugars and I was comfortable. In the sun. In a crowd.
The longer you stay at it the easier it gets.
 
Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting back on the wagon when you fell. I'm not trying to discourage your goal of 40 pounds in 4 weeks, but unless you are super obese, that quick a loss can't be good for your body. And if you don't make that goal, is that going to discourage you? Just some food for thought. Just keep in mind that you didn't gain 24 pounds in a month, and losing does not always come as easy as gaining (as we all know:). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leigh and Plum! I know the goal of 24 in 4 weeks is huge and no I will not be disappointed to fall short; I just feel ready to make it happen. For the record I wikipedia'd super obese and well, yeah I'm there. Soon I'd be merely morbidly obese. Super sounds more fun. ha.

    ReplyDelete