Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, September 7, 2013

£ £ £!!

See what I did there? I lost three pounds, friends.

A few things:

1) I stated nine days ago that Thursday would be my 'new' weigh-in day. Today is Saturday. Last week was weird and I felt that I needed a few extra days. Plus I started thinking that a Thursday AM weigh-in would lead inevitably to a 'four day weekend' mentality. I went out with a friend Thursday and stayed on track with food because I was looking forward to Saturday morning. So I'm back to Sat AM weigh-ins.

2) As the wonderful Leigh pointed out, 24 lbs (or £; whatevs) is a shit-ton to lose in four weeks, and with three down after one 'week' I'm behind. I feel perfectly okay with that. 12 in four weeks will also be a successful outcome, but I think I can break that.

3) For the low-carb/meal-plan curious, I've stayed true to my plan. Most days involve coffee for breakfast with coconut oil, half/half and either no sweetener or one pkt of stevia. That gets me through to lunch which I typically pick up from a restaurant within walking distance of work. Generous portions of skewer chicken, gyro meat, and greek salad (no rice, no pita, etc) are my staples, but sometimes I'll get a bunless cheeseburger or tandoori chicken.  Dinner varies- sometimes I cook but during the week with my commute and hours I tend to pick up food that I just have to heat up- or my wonderful husband cooks something for us. Basically a protein and some veggies is dinner. Fresh and Easy is a store I frequent. On the weekends I will make eggs and bacon for breakfast and have a smaller lunch. We grill a lot, too. My 'treats' are red wine, almond butter, dark chocolate and macadamia nuts. I could stand to go treat-free a few extra nights per week. Poonapalooza's food diary posts are an intimidating yet inspiring resource for those of us going 'clean'.

4) Right now I'm really enjoying the food I eat and it's easier for me to leave certain foods completely off the table.

5) Clothes are starting to feel better again, and I'm looking forward to being able to fit back into ALL of my 3x tops and 22/24s.

6) Back-to-school has moved my normally busy workplace up to melt-down mode. At this time of year I've typically skipped lunch and raided the office kitchen which is FULL OF SUGARY SNACKS. We stock the snacks for the 16 year olds who descend on the office on weekends. I'm no longer 16; I'm carb-sensitive and prone to binging. Eating this way keeps me from going there. (insert 'aintnobodygottimeforthat' lady here)


Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. It's hot as balls in Southern Cali- even down here at the beach. For those of you who are all 'heeeheee hashtag sweatshirt weather' I'm jealous!

3 comments:

  1. Good loss! Congratulations. The longer you eat "clean", the easier it gets. I promise. And yay for fitting back into your 3x and 22/24.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your loss!! Eating clean does get easier as Leigh said :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 pounds is great!! And yes I see what you did lol :) Very creative :)

    ReplyDelete