Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, September 22, 2013

No Make-up, No Scale, Not Saying 'Fuck it'

So since I lost those three British Pounds, I've stayed away from the scale. My excuses are thus: last weekend I had my period and felt gross- I rationalized that if I got on and saw a gain I'd go off my plan. Then this weekend I was sick (just a cold) and felt that somehow the mucus in my lungs would weigh me down. Pretty lame, but I did stay with my food plan (okay okay the wine, almond butter, and 85% dark chocolate are still being used in questionable amounts) and now I'm about 6 weeks back to grain-free and sugar free. I've continued my streak of avoiding the den of cookies and red vines at work, and the meals of proteins, veggies, and (sometimes) delicious cheeses are working for me.

The makeup-free pic above is not exactly a progress pic and it's far from a glamor shot, but I'm not unhappy with how I look right now. Staying away from flour and sugar de-puffs me and keeps me relatively zit-free. At 37 it's rare that anyone mistakes me for a youngster anymore but I feel like as the weight comes off I'm starting to look younger. As I posted a few weeks ago when Adam and I went to a Dodger game on a hot August Sunday, when I'm NOT eating grains I just feel more comfortable. My clothes are not sliding off my body and I have a long road ahead but I am balanced and chipping away at the goal.

The further I go on and the more situations I get through, the easier it is NOT to say 'fuck it'. If I ignored homemade bread at work, why would I grab a flour tortilla at dinner when I can have as much chicken and guac as I want? If I didn't binge out or start eating pasta for no reason when I was PMSing last week, why would I eat the noodles in my large pho- 'because I have a cold' this week?  It just starts to snowball, basically, and I feel like I'm no longer just 'trying' (that's kind of a whiney weight-loss-blogger word, in my bitchy opinion)- I'm doing.

This coming Sunday is my one year blog-iversary and I will see what's what. Adam and I are also taking a one night trip to Vegas that just happens to fall on Sept 29th. I expect to feel...well...


4 comments:

  1. I totally get what you're saying. I felt like saying 'fuck it' a couple of days ago and then I thought - why? Why should I undo all the hard work I've done?
    Keep up the great work and positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great to stay off of the scale for a while...It toys with my emotions. I get a lot of satisfaction by making it through a day making good choices and keeping carbs to a minimum. I have the irrational belief that if I make it through one day the scale will somehow reflect that. NO! Three weeks of mostly good carb avoidance and then I get on the scale...At this point, I consider staying the same a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where've you been, Sara? How's it going? All the best to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to check in and see how your doing.. how are you ending 2013 and starting 2014!

    ReplyDelete