Tomorrow I need to get on the scale. Last time I weighed in was in June and I was up 7 from my lowest weight in April. That 7 seemed like a minor miracle and I'm sure as of two weeks ago when I restarted I was up at least another 7-8 lbs. Tomorrow I'm going back to weighing myself every 10 days. I can't WAIT to begin seeing a pattern of loss again.
Meanwhile, here are some of the reasons why I went back to low carb in late September:
Pants, once loose, were removed from my Work Outfit Choices due to severe constriction
A few shirts, size 26/28 (yes the largest size at many plus size store) were in fact too tight to wear in public
The bottom of my face and the crest of my cleavage were becoming besties
My ring was making this mark on my finger:
Emotionally, it was killing me to feel out of control with food. I was sneaking food, eating enough calories between meals to equal two extra meals, and waking up every day craving something sugary/doughy.
In the past week I've been adding some sweet tastes back in- splenda in my coffee, a coke zero with lunch, etc. but I'm not going there with two many 'extras' and I feel balanced again.
There is a long road ahead, but I'm finally feeling like I belong on it again and deserve to be losing weight.

Hey Sara, One day at a time darlin. You can do this. One day at a time...
ReplyDeleteKeep the reasons foremost in your mind each day and know the longer you stick with low carb eating, the easier it gets. Once sugar and grains were out of my system (takes a week or two on average) I no longer had cravings anymore ... and that's saying a lot cuz I was so out of control before. Leigh's right, you can do it. :)
ReplyDeleteKeep at it and don't give up. Know that the hard work will pay off in the end! :)
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you for getting back to it...Keep it up! I've been struggling, but not giving up.
ReplyDeleteI've been inconsistent on the blogging, too. How are you doing? I'm trying to track food daily and lose the 5 I've gained in the last few months. I think I have accepted the fact that this is going to be a daily, forever struggle. Maybe when I'm in my 80s and on death's door, I'll eat whatever in the hell I please.
ReplyDelete