Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 2, 2014

doing it for the streak (and health, happiness, pride, self-love, balance, etc.)

6 is kind of a medium number, isn't it? Is 6 anyone's favorite number? Is it the standard amount of anything, ever? A 'half' dozen is the only thing I can think of. At any rate, that gold 6 picture above is making rethink the importance of 6. Aaaand, I am celebrating 6 days in a row of low carb eating that has me back in keto and losing again.

On Saturday I said I wanted to get 10 hardcore days in so I could adapt- no booze, dark chocolate, almond butter, no artificial sweeteners. By Wednesday I cracked a diet coke with my lunch, so I broke the art sweetener rule but other than that, I'm not drinking, not snacking, and I'm peeing mauve on my ketostix. Tracking-wise, I'm running between 20-30 net carbs daily and between 1800-2200 calories per day. I'm already thinking about shifting to BPC in the AM and taking in just one meal at night again, but for now I'm focused on adapting and eating when I'm hungry.

Pants are looser.

Face looks better.

It started happening after only two days, and I just have to keep at it every day. At the beginning of the year I was on an approximately 90 day streak and I was feeling better than I had in about 8 years. I am building up a streak again and it starts with this big gold 6.

6 times 10 is 60 which is two months which is 1/6 of a year. I can lose 100+ lbs in a year. Now that I'm through with 6, just 359 days to go until I can post about my one year streak.

3 comments:

  1. One day at a time. Just take it one day at a time and before you know it, you will be there:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. Isn't it amazing how quickly you start to *feel* better... and your clothes do? I'm not hardcore today, but I'm doing better than I was a week ago, and journaling EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete