People who blog more lose more, right?
Yesterday I woke up knowing I had to recommit to very low carb- meat/fish, FATS, green vegetables, and dairy in the way of cream/cheeses. I've found that doing Day One on a Saturday is best for me because I get pretty tired the first few days. By Tuesday I'll be used to running on ketones and feel like a million bucks.
My longterm plan is to stick with this for the rest of my life- this works and I know I can't deal with carbs/sugar.
Short-term is to dive back in and adapt fully for 10 Days; no artificial sweeteners, no diet soda, no piece of dark chocolate at the end of the night, no red wine, no almond butter. Those things have been and will again be part of my eating but I want them to be indulgences, not daily 600 calorie 'fourth meals'.
Here's what I ate Day One-
Breakfast- coffee w 1 T coconut oil, 1 T butter, 2 T half-n-half (heavy cream is better; we were out)
Lunch- two pieces of casserole based on Linda's chile relleno casserole
Supper- tri-tip steak, mushrooms sauteed in butter, mashed cauliflower w butter and cheddar cheese, baby spinach salad w/ ranch
It came out to 22 net carbs and about 1860 calories. Everything I ate was simple, real food that I prepared myself.
Last night I slept for 7 hours straight and the mystery pains I was having seem to be dissipating already.
My Sunday plan is to stay focused and get ready for a solid work week. Until tomorrow...

No comments:
Post a Comment