Monday, April 13, 2015
Update via declarative statements (aka Not Done Yet)
I had a good, solid thing going. I lost 20 lbs between Jan 2 and March 6th-ish and blogged about it.
On March 7th I went to Vegas and I partied and ate and drank with abandon.
The rest of March was not... good- a day of low carb, three days of random secret cookie eating, one day of half-hearted calorie-counting, two days of all-out binging. Meanwhile I was willfully ignoring the reality of not fitting into a pair of pants I wore in Vegas just THREE weeks later.
So today is day 8 of my renewed low carb streak. I'm back on myfitnesspal and I will get to 500 days. The arrows will hit center; I'm many things but generally I'm no slouch, and I'm definitely not done losing weight.
Currently I am determined to get through the month of April scale-less and report on May the 1st where my pounds are.
I turn 39 on May 28th; then a year to 40. I really, really, REALLY want to have a fun, exciting, big deal 40th Birthday. I want to leave the country, I want to dress up, and I want to feel comfortable in my skin. At north of 300 lbs I am sometimes literally too large for seats or rides and as confident as I feel with my loving, supportive husband and my good friends/family with me, there is just nothing that can make me 'forget' my weight in certain situations. The only person who can turn this around right now is me.
Thank you to anyone who comes back here and thinks good things for me. Those dates with no weights next to them are just killing me; I'm ashamed and I hate it. That said, I'd hate a whole lot more if I didn't own up to where I am today and work through it.
Happy Spring, my favorites!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Thinking ALL good things! Nope, not a quitter, just distracted by Vegas. Those eating habits can stay in Vegas. You are not alone in the on again/off again thing. If I could string together 7 days it would be great, but lately I can't (or am choosing not to) stick it out. Binge days have been further apart, but I think I've accepted they may never go away. I know what it's like to stare 40 in the face. Keep on truckin' sister!!
ReplyDelete