Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, June 7, 2015

I turned 39; Didn't Gain it all Back... A mid-2015 Check-in



So. On my 39th birthday (May 28)  I stepped on the scale for the first time in 2.5 months. Officially only up 6 which proves that I was exercising a little bit of restraint from time to time. Of course for my b'day weekend we went up to Solvang for wine tasting and indiscriminate carb eating. This past week at work I did not plan well and ate out too frequently. Long story short, I'm prooobably up a few more...and because I know that and I know myself I'm waiting until June 28th to weigh in again and then the plan is to weigh myself every 15 days through the end of the year.

Recap: since Jan 1, I'm holding onto a 14 lb loss. Since I started this blog a few years ago when I was at my personal maximum density, I'm down 20 lbs.

Goals: 10 lbs a month need to go.  I am turning 40 in roughly 355 days and I'm ready to live.

June is month 6 of 12 and it just started. I've procrastinated my whole damn life and this whole follow low carb, stick to it, and reap the benefits of better health, digestion, fitness, etc- well it's not too late for me to have a big old net loss by the end of the year. It's never too late- take a look at this guys success story if you have a minute. Visit Poonapalooza's page and check out her before and after shots, check out carbtripper or Kaki or scroll through the DietDoctor page for people who have made this lifestyle work.

Today Adam (husband), Kevin (brother), and I got on cruiser bikes and took a nice ride over to Hermosa. We got lunch and some beer, but also some sun and much-needed exercise. Kevin has been low carbing since the beginning of the year and is going on almost 70 lbs lost while Adam and I have been floundering. The (not) hilarious part is that we were the ones to 'sell' Kevin on keto/low carb after he was at first skeptical. The 300-400 lb experts have yet to fully adopt our own advice. That said, there's a 'readiness' in the air right now and I feel like Adam and I both are tired of the excess.

Here's to another Monday clean slate. Finding the strength to focus on right now while leaving past failures behind starts in your head not your mouth - and I came here tonight to start getting my head right. Thank you as always to anyone who is still reading; I appreciate it and cannot wait to share the joy of more success.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're BACK!! I say if you didn't gain it all back, then it's a success! I know you can have great success this year. Clean slate is a GO!!

    I had to buy bigger pants, and I'm pissed about it. I'm not giving up, either, though. I turned 44 in March, and I think my metabolism might be slowing down with age. I think I need to reassess what I'm eating and take the calories down some. (I'll still eat mostly fat, of course!) Today is my last day of work until August 13... My goal is to lose the pounds I've put back on and get back to my lowest weight. I'm READY. Three cheers to butter and cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days later... how is it going? has the vigor stuck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! How are you! If you're not doing as well as you want, get on here and bitch about it. If you are, get on here and brag! Either way, I want to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete