Sunday, August 2, 2015
Tired of Trying? Nope!
Another two months has passed since my last post. Thank you so very much for anyone who stopped by this Spring/Early Summer- especially Kaki, Nanette, and Leigh. The thing about the weight loss blogging world is that I know that you all *know* what I'm going through, and I feel like it's okay to keep coming back. I've also matured enough to realize that wiping out my blog (despite what one could objectively call failure over the last three years) is not the move here- when I have the pleasure of adding my 'After' pictures, I plan to tell the whole boring story.
SO what's happening? The short answer is 'the usual'; the longer explanation is I've been working long days and not taking very good care of myself. Some days were low carb, but more days than not in the last 4-6 weeks involved not only carbs but the shameful, convenience-store foods that I eat alone in my car or at my desk- pop tarts, donettes, candy. When I eat lots of sugar I'm tired all the time and wake up with dry mouth and nausea that's similar to a hangover- and so 'hair of the dog'-style, I reach for more sugar/carbs to stop those feelings. Vicious cycle. I am an addict and I'm ready to cut off the supply.
Yesterday was August first and I am especially aware of the events I'm attending over the first three weekends in October- a work trip Oct 1, a wedding in San Diego on the 10th, then Vegas for a 40th on Oct 17th. There's a lot I can do over the next 8-9 weeks to put myself in a much better place mentally and physically. At all three events I'll be meeting new people and dressing up- two things that are not as fun when you're too large for your nice clothes and you're feeling crappy about yourself.
August 1 was a new day one, but I skipped the scale. Tomorrow I start a series of Monday AM weigh-ins; I need to incorporate more accountability so I will do it once a week, Weight Watchers style. Yesterday, I ate bacon and eggs, cheese, pork shoulder, guacamole, broccoli slaw, an ear of corn (18 carbs), a low carb tortilla... and I drank a bottle of wine. I also walked on a beach trail for over an hour in Palos Verdes. I have a feeling that when I weigh tomorrow, I will be up since my birthday, but I woke up today feeling better than I've felt in three months. Yesterday's menu wasn't keto but it was lower carb, I logged it, and it was a good start. Today will be even lower, I'll keep logging, and I'll get outside again for another hour.
See you tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


((((((hugs)))))))
ReplyDeleteWelcome back beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteHey! Glad to hear from you!! Yes, we've ALL been there, and quitting is not an option. Struggles eventually lead to success. I can't tell you how many YEARS I tried and tried to make a change. MFP is working for me with accountability. I track EVERY day... Even yesterday, my son's 15th birthday. I baked an incredibly sinful cake. While I was baking it, I ate handful after handful of chocolate chips. Then, once it was mixed up, I ate spoonful after spoonful of cake batter. Finally, when I was making the icing (from scratch), I licked the pan, the spoon, and when I had extra left over, I ate that, too. Then, of course, I had a slice after singing 'happy birthday.' On MFP, it was ugly. Usually, when I have a day like that, I just go through my list of foods and check them all...cookies, frosting, muffins, etc. It doesn't matter if it's an accurate reflection of what I actually ate, I can tell when I look back that it was a binge day. Of course, on days that I'm really trying, I am meticulous about tracking exactly what I'm having. I have more good days than bad, and I hope you do, too. I am pulling for you, and I KNOW you can do it. Three cheers for dietary fat!!
ReplyDeleteso happy you are back!!!
ReplyDelete