So yeah last weekend I wrenched my back somehow and ended up taking Tues and Thurs off work; mostly to escape the 60+ minutes each way to work. It started getting better and I took a few short walks, worked Friday, and yesterday had a relatively lazy Saturday. Today I went down to the beach bike path with my brother and biked for over an hour WITH A SLEEVELESS 'performance tank' on... and felt just fine about it. Pretty sure my upper shoulders haven't seen daylight since 2006, but everything was, well, just fine. They're large, lumpy, freckled, and helped me move myself down the strand today.
Part of the 'courage' it took to go ahead and wear a tank top in public (and believe me I know there's a whole lot more in the world to be worried about than upper arm fat) was the hilarious realization that a nightgown I purchased at the Avenue last week looks way, way too much like Homer's mumu. Check it out:
And:
Not carbon copies, but seriously. Anyway, I'm not real sure what kind of loss I will post tomorrow. Today's long bike ride will help, but I won't be shocked if I lose a few ounces or drop 4 lbs. When you're home from work and can only lie down (sitting was killing the lower back), it's tempting to just snack on anything that's close by. I didn't have the low, low calorie week I wanted when I finished last week, but I tracked every day and I stayed very low carb. The main thing I'm feeling right now is momentum; it's back and I'm excited to keep logging into myfitnesspal, happy to WANT to come blog about my day rather than sheepishly apologize for being MIA, and generally all of that just makes me feel good about myself and the future.
If I were a real hardcore blogger, I would have taken a pic of myself with the bike and the tank top, but I'll save those for when I have some comparison shots. Meanwhile, here's a new picture I took yesterday and I think it sums up how I'm feeling in my skin right now:
Enjoy the last of your weekend; I'll be back tomorrow with a weight update!




No comments:
Post a Comment