![]() |
| artwork by My Mom |
Logged into myfitnesspal 19 days in a row. Worked out today, worked out Monday. Tonight I felt the slickness of the slippery slope under my feet and I'm writing to shake it off because I LIKE HOW THIS FEELS AND I HAVE A PLAN DAMNIT.
So today...I had cottage cheese and coffee breakfast, cucumber salad and half a chicken for lunch ( I dipped some pieces in sweet and sour sauce; it was Thai takeout at work), but then my happy hour wings weren't enough for a satisfying dinner. So instead of a cobb salad I ordered a cute lil' tureen of French Onion; that relatively carby soup involving croutons. Hmph. Later on (and 4-5 glasses of Cab later) I made a little keto plate at home of a piece of leftover bacon, a chunk of Danish Blue Cheese and about 12 blackberries. I am now no longer hungry and because myfitnesspal awards me #allthecalories for my workouts it says I'm under my calorie goal. Ha to that, but also yay for not going off into the holiday weekend abyss.
What's the plan damnit, then? My plan is to have a nice Thanksgiving with the family and take down a plate of all the things for dinner but stay very low carb for breakfast, snacks, and all other meals. I'll probably bring some 90% dark chocolate along with me, but other than that my in-laws always have a good assortment of whole foods I can eat on keto -and in fact they encourage the low carb thing which is great. It's really all about me.
In NSV news, before happy hour tonight I tried on a 'bottom drawer of shame' pair of jeans and wouldn't you know it- they fit. The last two 2.5 weeks of working out and eating like a person with self esteem is starting to pay off. There are still almost 5 weeks left in the year and I'm looking forward to getting into more of my wardrobe, and I really can't wait to see my kneecaps, shoulders, and ankles come back from hiding.
I guess another reason I'm writing is just to say that every day counts. Every one of these last 19 days, even the Saturday I ate 3338 calories, meant something. Each day logged contributed to me feeling better about myself tonight, fitting into those jeans earlier, and getting me to this point where I'm blogging twice in a week and feeling very optimistic again.
Finally, I feel so hugely thankful for your eyeballs on this screen and for the encouragement. Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy your weekends!


Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Sara. And yes, everyday does count. Keep it up:-)
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so impressed with your working out!! I'm still not doing any exercise on purpose. Maybe someday... Turkey day was a trough of carbs. I think the only low carb thing on the table was the ham and turkey. We had broccoli, but I didn't have any. More room on the plate for dressing! Of course, today I feel terrible. Food hangovers suck. I won't be having anything until late today. Then, back on the low carb effort. Leftovers don't even sound good. We gotta keep going!
ReplyDelete