Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, December 5, 2015

No Time Like the Present, Indeed.


Above is the highly sophisticated tracker I've affixed to my fridge using some sweet magnets. The idea is to make me super accountable during 'fuck it' season, and I'm pretty happy with the fact that my stick-to-it-ive-ness is alive and kicking.

The system is thus: a check mark means I tracked on MFP, and a star means I worked out. The cluster of stars this past Wednesday is there because I did an all-day Disneyland trip with my co-workers that involved probably 9 miles of walking and 10+ hours of standing. I've been 'recovering' since, but I plan to work out today (Saturday) to finish out the week. After today there will be 25 more days left in 2015.

My lowest weight this year was 339 and I am three lbs away from there right now. Because I knew I gained a good amount since mid-August - tight/can't wear anymore jeans, face puffier than typical, etc- I didn't weigh myself when I first started up again in earnest a month ago. Paaaaart of me regrets that decision; when I got on the scale on Dec 1st earlier this week, my new weight of 342 was immensely underwhelming in the face of all my recent workouts and a decidedly non-indulgent Thanksgiving. However, I also didn't want to track another gain. Getting to tell MyFitnessPal that I've lost two lbs since my last weigh in did not suck, and I FEEL GOOD. My face, hair, skin, muscles, teeth- everything looks/feels better when I'm eating low carb. Here's a selfie from yesterday:

Not sure I've felt this optimistic about being on the right path in a long time. Eat, track, workout, repeat. I'm going to end this year merrier than a pile of warm, frosted cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I love your old school poster with check marks. There's something satisfying about physically writing down success rather than pushing a button. You sound strong and determined...that's what gets you to the finish line. My strength and determination is still struggling. I'm trying to steal some of your enthusiasm for myself.

    ReplyDelete