Oh Chris Powell (see above). Adorbs. Chris is like an earnest, mega-church version of Bob from Biggest Loser. He's the host/trainer on Extreme Makeover Weight Loss and he released a workout DVD which I bought a few months back and I finally opened last night after work. There are three levels or workouts- 15, 25, and 30 minutes. I assumed that the 15 minute one would be pretty much a breeze; something for nursing home residents or hefty mental patients wearing grey slippers. Nonetheless, I was feeling overwhelmed with doing ANY kind of exercise since it's been two months, so I went for Level One. 15 minutes later I was sweating pretty good, and I was impressed with the workout.
That being said, I sincerely hope and I absolutely plan to be well beyond the level one sweat experience in a few weeks from now, but I am happy that his dvd even exists since so many fitness DVDs, even ones marketed to the very overweight, have ridiculous exercises that are practically impossible to do if your waist is over 40 inches or you have more than 100 lbs to lose. His Level One workout had zero jumping, it didn't have mountain climbers or burpees or traditional push-ups- I could DO EVERYTHING THE PEOPLE ON THE SCREEN DID. If you're substantially overweight or a true beginner I highly recommend buying the tape- it's under $8 on Amazon.
So I've had four days now back on WW points and I'm feeling calm. The dietbet challenge is definitely a motivator, but I'm also getting back to the positive way I was thinking from the end of September to the end of November when I lost 23 lbs. This week I'm appreciating that even with money out there or special foods purchased or a big trip on the horizon, it all comes from me; period.
I hope you're all doing well and if February is a better start time for you than January, so be it. Also, I am stubbornly refusing to move the weight tracker above, but I will confess where I am as of this morning- I'm 12 lbs up from my lowest WW weigh-in. I plan to be back under by Saturday February 9th and get back to a meeting so I can add official weight losses to my side bar again. For now the diet bet challenge got me on the scale to face reality, and I'm happy with where I am today. More serious workouts are also on the horizon!


Yay for forward progress! You can do this and I'm excited to see you succeed in your journey!
ReplyDeleteGreat work! You WILL get there!!
ReplyDeleteI just love Chris Powell! I have a serious crush on him lol shhhhh don't tell my bf ha ha! Thanks for the tip I will checkout his video. The most important thing is your back on track!
ReplyDelete