Weigh-in Numero SIETE. Lost two, guys. LOST TWO. I was yet again holding my damn breath for some kind of disappointment because, you know, my history of bagging out after a few months of success and issues. This puts me at 19 lbs down in 70 days of Low Carb/High Fat eating and I won't stop/can't stop.
70 days of burgers, linda's low carb
casseroles, chicken-cheese crust
pizzas, oven-baked bacon, fried eggs, avocado chunks, almonds, greek salads, taco salads, chef salads, cream cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and spinach by the palette, 90% dark chocolate, a few bottles of red wine, one batch of low carb
COOKIES, and nightly keto stix that look like this:
 |
| (tinkle!) |
Generally I feel really really super eating this way and I am confident that low carb is the best way for me. Have you ever felt light-headed/angry at the end of a long work day because you're so fucking hungry? Have you felt that way even when you've eaten plenty of oatmeal, 100-calorie soup, light yogurt, reduced fat Wheat Thins, an apple, a dumb sandwich and maybe even some leftover cous cous and a cheese stick that should be more than enough food according to 'safe' diets recommended by The Food Pyramid/Weight Watchers/Shape Magazine/Prevention?? If you're reading this and you're still overweight, sure you have. If you switch over to keto (or paleo/primal/LCHF) you won't feel like that- I promise. I eat real food and it keeps me not only 'full' in a kind of basic hour-to-hour way but it also keeps me balanced and calm.
Physically, I'm down a jeans size and a bra size. My face has debloated and is now looking less like a circle of dough and more like an oblong of human flesh. Here are pics of me at my highest weight vs this morning on my drive to work:

Those sunglasses did not look as cool on that left side face; as big as they are they were making cheek marks (!). So yeah. I'm on this, and I'm seeing and feeling results. The scale is not moving as fast as some of the dude-bros on the reddit keto page promised it would, but it is moving in the right direction. There's always more I can do (cut calories more, get to the gym more than once per week, make lunch instead of getting takeout) but I feel comfortably resigned to a slow and steady pace. Keep Calm, Keto On. See you soon.
I'm glad you are finding this a great way to lose weight! I liked your comment about how hungry you feel on a low fat diet, been there done that. When they hunger goes, the rest is easy. Good luck ;)
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you mean. I listened to all the 'experts' and ate a low-fat high-carb vegan diet for the better part of six years and was always hungry! I gained weight doing that, but now happily I am low carb and loving it, and dropping weight almost effortlessly. I'm never ravenously hungry like I used to be when my blood sugar was in constant turmoil.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great. Keep it up! It does get easier. :-)
ReplyDeleteGeez, you look great! I totally know what you mean about the sunglasses sitting on the cheeks. Been there! Congratulations on all of your success. Slow and steady is a good plan :)
ReplyDeletetwo thumbs way way up!
ReplyDeleteyou look great!