So, guys, I've been at this for three months without stopping. I'm actually on track to lose ~100 lbs in 2014. Being able to state that I've lost over 25 lbs in three months is amazing; this feeling is exponentially better than the 'getting psyched'/projecting I usually do. The bridge between hoping and achieving is being built.
If you're interested in the specific #s, I've been eating between 1700 and 2200 calories daily and I stay under 35 net carbs (many times much lower, a few days a bit higher). I've set MyFitnessPal for a goal of 1900 cal/day. Protein is 15-25%, and 65-75% of my calories are from fat. This is my third week of doing BPC in the AM and fasting through til dinner. I would like to stick with it indefinitely Monday through Friday, but if I feel like making an egg in the morning or even ordering lunch I will. Last night after having coffee only all day, I had a burger over lettuce with bacon, blue cheese, mushrooms, avocado, and tomato. Oh, and also a fried egg. After the burger I had two glasses of white wine, two squares of ghiradelli 86%, and a handful of almonds. It was a bit much; I was so hungry from just doing coffee in the morning I went a little overboard- BUT (and this is a big but) I was totally full afterwards; I didn't binge and wasn't out of control. I tracked everything, and I still posted a loss this morning. I truly believe that eating low carb is the solution for my overeating.
So here is a day 2 vs day 90 comparison shot. My building management installed a full-length mirror right next to the elevator so on my way out in the morning I've started to take what will become a soft-focus series of progress pictures. They're blurry because I take them fast as the elevator is coming up; I'm always scared someone is going to pop out of their apartment and catch me taking a mirror pic. Of course I should have been wearing the same shirt but I think you can see the difference. The jeans on the right did not zip when I started and the jeans on the left look like baggy pajama pants now. Also, my new friend 'Mai Neck' is beginning to show herself!
Thanks again for stopping by; here's to a great April 2014!


Congrats on your success!! Keep up the great work. I eat a lower carb diet and it worked well for me in weight loss and now in weight maintenance, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen! Your story is very inspiring and I appreciate the comment. In the next three months I want to incorporate more strength training. Congrats on your latest maintenance update.
DeleteLooking good Sara! Take lots of progress selfies...and gush abut how awesome you look:) Because you do!!!!
ReplyDeleteTHANK YOU Leigh!
DeleteI love how you call it "Mai Neck" HIGH-larious! Your progress pic looks like more than 34 pounds. You are losing inches like crazy and doing awesome! After a couple of weeks of struggling, I've had a successful several days. I hope I'm back on track, but I'm still up a few pounds. Again, I'm encouraged by your success!
ReplyDeleteThank you my friend! I am glad to hear you are on a roll again. Looking forward to more of your posts!
DeleteLook at your go!!! Look'in good :) You can see a difference all over. I always enjoy reading your posts.
ReplyDelete