Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, February 6, 2015

5 Weeks into 2015. Down 15 Pounds




35 days in a row logged on myfitnesspal. Weekly Friday AM weigh-ins. A big promise kept; little promises broken. The big one is that I'm low carbing and tracking in 2015- the little ones thus far are about exercising and cutting calories/alcohol. I'm losing weight but I'm losing slowly because I'm still living luxuriously which is not super cool for someone well north of 300 lbs. Plenty of good wine and good cheeses are consumed- and now I'm hooked on Quest 'protein' bars- they're low carb, convenient, high fiber, and delicious. January and February are the two busiest months at work so I've allowed myself some conveniences, but it's time to return to whole foods and 'clean' keto.

I know what I have to do but meanwhile I want to acknowledge and celebrate the fact that I am losing weight:

Dropping 15 pounds allowed me to fit back into jeans I took out of the rotation circa Thanksgiving.

Losing 15 gives me a healthier, less puffy face.

Being 15 lbs less than I was on January 2 lets me breathe a huge sigh of relief-I'm capable, I'm doing this. I'm not stopping.

15 lbs is 10% of 150 lbs.

Today is February 6th and I see the entire year rolling out before me. I look forward to every low-carb snack logged, every steak I cut into, every cup of bullet proof coffee, every Friday morning weigh-in, every milestone, every pair of jeans that buttons for the first time in years, every slightly less ominous squeak of the seat of my cruiser bike, and every damn morning.

It's already a good year and it's only getting better.

Have a lovely weekend.


3 comments: