Over the past two months I've been working out semi-regularly, publicly and enthusiastically low carbing, and generally feeling pretty (pret-ty) good. Big lady jeans of the size 24 regular and size 22 stretchy varieties are no longer branding my stomach with their cheap interior stitchery, and my face is slowly emerging from the inflamed roundness. I WISH I could say that I stayed vigilant to the bitter end of the year, but I did not. The 30th through the 1st involved desserts and even pizza, but I am okay with a brief dive into the crazy end. I ate things that gave me the 'high' that reminded me how addicted I am to sugar, but I woke up with bad bad headaches and the unshakable sluggishness that goes along with anaesthetising with carbohydrates.
Back to reality, back to impressing myself and others with my self-control. Building on the relative success of my Nov 7- Dec 31 creation I started a new fridge calendar today, and the robots at MyFitnessPal will once again be treated to every detail. Because I went off the rails I decided to push my next weigh in to Jan15th. Ye-ess, kind of a pussy move but I was really really excited about that last 8 lb loss and I don't want to go UP...ever, ever again. That said, I also don't want to roll along thinking 'I'm fine' and avoid the reality of the scale. Anyway, I'm ready and this is another day one. Looking forward to sharing more and losing tons. Happy New Year!



Congrats, girl!! On your signs, your exercise, your attitude... I like how you describe carbs as anesthetizing. I totally agree.
ReplyDelete