Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, February 15, 2016

allthethings happened in January; still going

fig 1

fig 2
Hooooo boy. So yeah; the New Year started with big time motivation- charts, permanent marker, lots of eggs and bacon. I made it to the gym and fought off the resolution crowd with strategic machine hopping and a few stink-eye battles.  2016 seemed... promising!

Welp, as things go, January took a few shitty turns. Roundabout the second week, I came down with some kind of mucus-y, body-ache-y flu that knocked me out for almost two weeks. Then, on Monday January 25th, our beloved cat- Pigeon (among other names) very suddenly died from cardiomyopathy which threw things further south in the health/fitness/self-care world.

I let things be sad and let go for about a week, and then I started up my routine again- post-work gym, very low carb eating, and trying (TRYING) to drink a lot less frequently. I'm currently at 102 days in a row logged into MyFitnessPal, and while I skipped out on weighing myself this morning, I am looking forward to seeing what's what on the scale March 1st. Judging by my ability to 'closet shop', I know I'm down a few more inches and a few more lbs this month, but I decided that powering through all 29 leap days of February and THEN looking at the scale was the right thing to do. This past Friday I finished my most recent 6 week chart (fig 1 above) and Saturday started the latest chart (fig 2). I'm also peeing on my ketostrips and seeing THIS on the regular:

I got that rich color tonight despite off the rack dark chocolate and many glasses of wine on Valentine's Day. So, yes, low carbing is still my thing and I'm feeling good about it.

I hope you are all powering through- the dew is off the new year rose, but hopefully for anyone who was thrown for a loop you're back at it.  There's a whole lot left to do in 2016.

And, finally, my sweet Pigeon:




2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss of your beautiful kitty. They are our fur babies and losing them is very heart-breaking. I know from experience.

    Looking at the bright side, however, your kitty had a good life where he/she was loved and well cared for and is now in a good place where there is no suffering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss of your beautiful kitty. They are our fur babies and losing them is very heart-breaking. I know from experience.

    Looking at the bright side, however, your kitty had a good life where he/she was loved and well cared for and is now in a good place where there is no suffering.

    ReplyDelete