Thursday, April 11, 2013
Day and a Half to Weigh...
It's been three weeks since I've posted a loss. I desperately (dramatic? yes. true? also yes.) want to have a 'good' morning on the scale Saturday. I've been tracking with My Fitness Pal (which by the way sounds like a very lame doll from the 80s) all week, more so as an 'experiment' than as a way to limit myself, but I can't help but be slightly disappointed when I get close to or go over 2000 calories.
Last night was a higher calorie/heavy food day, and today I waited until lunch to have a meal so today will be lower. I feel that by staying low carb long-term, everything will balance out and I won't have to keep a food diary, but I don't quite trust myself yet.
For those of you who eat low carb, do you track carb grams or calories? I know that Poonapalooza eats low carb and low fat and lost over 100 lbs without counting or measuring, but she's also an amazing exercise machine. I'm not sure about other bloggers like Carbtripper, Happy Texans, Kaki or Judy from Carb Wars.
On Saturday after I weigh in I plan to post my personal stats about the carb grams I ate this past week, as well as percentages of fat and protein. On top of not exactly trusting myself after two weeks off the plan, I'm genuinely curious about my numbers and I think some of you might also be interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I don't count carbs to try to stay under a certain daily number, but I look at the carb content of everything I eat. I try not to eat anything with more than 6g of carbs per serving (peanut butter or nuts). Most of my meals have none. Of course, I don't count calories, either. Right now, I'm trying to really ramp up my fat intake. I've been transitioning to a ketogenic diet (high fat, low carb) and all the fat I eat makes me so satisfied and NOT hungry that I think I eat less as a result. I know it doesn't make sense, but I'm eating more fat and I'm losing weight. Go figure! Try not to get discouraged...You will find your way through the weight loss maze. Lots of dead ends, but eventually: jackpot!
ReplyDeleteHi Sara. Not only did I lose 125 pounds by never counting calories or measuring, but so did countless others who follow the same diet. It allows for unlimited lean protein and leafy greens. Everything else was measured but eating unlimited meat and greens was a definite bonus! I was never hungry! I'm proof that a calorie is not a calorie. Processed carb and sugar calories are metabolized differently. There are days I'm sure I eat tons of calories, but everything I eat is a whole food. Nothing processed. It truly works! Good luck on Saturday!
ReplyDelete