Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Love That Dirty Water

I don't want to write about Boston, but I also don't want to NOT write about Boston. I'm 3000 miles away in L.A. and I'm fine, and I have nothing to 'complain' about but I'm sad and worried and can't stop thinking about it. My younger sister lives there; she actually works at the Starbucks on Boylston St; basically right behind where the second bomb exploded. Apparently she had a shift in the morning on the day of (she's also a student at Emerson College, just down the road) and wasn't there when it went off but she was in the middle of the chaos because, well,  that's her neighborhood. None of her coworkers were hurt, and I don't think any of the marathon victims were her friends, but I keep thinking about what would have happened if the bombs were bigger, stronger, or if there were more of them. My friend Lisa's sister-in-law ran in the marathon and finished  just as the explosions started. In the link you can see how close she was. Her husband, mom, and two young boys were just a few streets away.  It's just...crazy. Awful. Impossible to understand. My heart is in the Bay State this week.

Meanwhile, my mind has been on work because it's busy, and I continue to focus on dropping weight via low carb high fat eating. I did get to the gym Saturday and Sunday, and I went again tonight (Wed) because I felt like moving, and I'm also having a 'hungry' week. It may be related to worry/stress about Boston, or it may just be related to my lifelong habits that are difficult to break. I've started 'adding in' some calorie-free stuff like Truvia and Vitamin Water Zero but I need to go back to no sweets. I strongly believe I'm super insulin-resistant or at least very susceptible to cravings so I need to stick to regular water and tea between meals. I plan to have a savory couple of days and I'm looking forward to another loss on Saturday.

For anyone who feels sad or lost this week because of the marathon bombing, please stay strong and take care of yourself. Finally, let's make sure we tell everyone who matters in our lives that we love them.

Oh, and if you need to be inspired a little bit, please check out a full stadium of Bruins fans singing the National Anthem tonight. Happy tears.

2 comments:

  1. There are no words for Boston, so I won't even try. Sounds like your doing great on the weight-loss front. Good luck on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think that eating sweets (even if they are Stevia, Truvia, whatever) makes me crave more sweets. A lightly sweetened coffee or dark chocolate doesn't seem to cause the cravings, so that's what I'm sticking with for now. The no-carb chocolate mousse I made not only made me crave more sugar, I wasn't able to have just one serving. I won't be making that again for a while :)

    ReplyDelete