Here's me; after the scale this AM-
:internal horrified guttural scream:
stamping around the house
angry tears (quickly wiped away)
furrowed brow
chomping of fried eggs lovingly made by sympathetic husband
intense googling of low carb and weight loss stalls (i refuse to say plateau since its only been 2 wks)
teenager-like EYE ROLL
Fuckity fucksticks. Have you guys heard of the 'Whoosh' ? It's basically the theory that sometimes during fat loss, esp. during low carb dieting (YES I'M CALLING IT DIETING TODAY BECAUSE I'M ANGRY), your stupid fat cells are all empty and feeling inadequate so they start filling themselves up with water, replacing all the trigylcerides and other fatty stuff that the ketosis process recently sucked out of them. So technically you're losing fat but it doesn't show up on the scale until you dump the water. Really??? Really?
I don't know if this is what's happening to me and my dumb fat cells, but I have had some issues with bloating and thirst this week so I'm holding onto it for now (just like I'm holding onto water- ha!). I exercised mid week and then had some peculiar issues with sandals that are typically comfortable getting so tight at work on Thursday that I had to slide them halfway off in the car. Then yesterday (Fri) I had a restaurant-made gyro-meat greek salad for lunch and grilled short ribs with unknown amounts of sodium for dinner. Also my left foot looks like a FRESH LOAF OF BREAD. Okay, that's an exaggeration but it does look puffier than it did a few days ago. Also, I'm getting angry again because when I went to image-search the word 'Really' the auto-fill for Google was 'really fat people'- um, what?!?? Fuck everyone.
Except, of course, you, dear reader. Thank you for letting me vent. In exchange for your sympathy and/or stories of your own weight loss stalls I promise not to go off the deep end this weekend. I had a 'good week'; I ate low-carb/paleo, I was in a nice pink ketosis all week, I stayed away from cream cheese and gratuitous desserts, and I was expecting a loss. I wore a couple shirts this week that I was unable to wear a month ago, the bras that used to cut off my circulation (you know whati'msayin' ladies) now fit fine, and despite the scale I FEEL GOOD. Therefore, I will not switch paths; I'll keep going. Hang on everyone.


Sorry the scale is not cooperating...mine isn't either. However, this post is HIGH-larious even though you're not happy! I just love the way you write! Again, I might have to steal "fuckity fucksticks!"
ReplyDeleteTotally know what you're talking about. I hope it happens for you - and SOON. It can be so frustrating to put n the work and not see results.
ReplyDelete