Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Indulgent Cell Phone Comparison Shots: 2012 vs 2013


So it's been a minute since I've posted. Before I get to catching up, I'll quickly explain pics. So the top one was almost exactly a year ago and the bottom one was from our third night in Las Vegas. The weight difference of 20-25 lbs is great, but I am happiest to see the difference in my face and neck area. It's hard to tell how the body compares but I'm definitely so much more comfortable in the newer one. I will (really REALLY) post a better progress pic soon in actual workout clothing, but this is a nice start.  I haven't looked at the scale since Saturday March 23rd, but I will start posting weigh-ins again this Saturday.

Full disclosure on the Adam's 40th in Vegas- I started off pretty vigilantly and then indulged at the end- I tried several desserts, had some bread, and definitely sipped on some girly sweet drinks.  However, I don't feel extremely guilty and I definitely don't feel like I 'ruined' my low carb lifestyle. Here at home, we're back to eggs in the morning, steaks, fish, low-carb quiches and casseroles. The possible reason for a weight-loss stall or small gain on the scale this coming Saturday would be attributed to the continued wine drinking that I kept up beyond Vegas and throughout this past Easter weekend. Now that the week and a day celebration of Adam's first 40 years is over, I'm back to very low carbing and I plan to take a big break from drinking.  Adam also plans to get hardcore, so we should have some nice weight loss weeks ahead.

The next real break from work is Memorial Day weekend-I'm off Friday and Monday, plus my birthday is Tuesday May 28th, so I plan on killing it for the next two months so I can party it up.  What would make it all the more amazing and enjoyable, though, would be to officially get to 50+ lbs lost. I have almost 8 weeks until that weekend, and I know that if I stay on track and stay away from too much wine and almond butter (yes you can eat too much on low carb) I can do it.

What are your pre-Summer goals? I hope everyone's having a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Yes you can totally see a difference :) Good for you for getting back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it. But i completely understand about the wine. It's my weakness too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! You know are looking great in first picture.I have taken pictures from Solavei Phones they have some other modes also.

    ReplyDelete