Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

feeling shrinky!



Friday will be day 50 and I get to weigh in again soon, but I feel like checking in. Did you see that little phrase there- 'get to'?   I am genuinely excited for my next look at the scale and I'm just trucking along with low carb eating. Even though my last two weigh-ins were ho-hum5000, I'm seeing so many signs of weight loss that I know I'll see a drop on Friday. Today I put on a sweater that was body-hugging over the holidays and now is baggy around the stomach. Happy.

Speaking of ho-hum5000, it's a little dead out there in BlogLand. I saw a facebook post from Brooke Not on a Diet that said today is when most people crap out on their New Year's Resolutions. Maybe that has something to do with the lack of posts.  Honestly, I think 6-7 weeks is generous- in years past I was lucky to make it to Weight Watcher meeting #3 before deciding to skip a week and never go back. I'm starting to feel in deep-down-full-body-womanly-knowledge way that I will see this low-carb/high-fat year through. I'm still holding four months in my head as an amount of time that will somehow cement my status as a true low-carber but almost two months feels pretty legit.

The only thing I did fuck up royally is the no-drinking-at-all until March promise. January was completely dry, but I've secretly had a couple of drinks (always low or no carb) in the past few weeks. Last night I had my first glass of red wine since December 31st and it was TERRIFIC. I do not plan to pick up the 4-6 times per week habit again, but I've clearly decided to let in some monitored booze. I don't want to slow down my weight-loss and I cannot afford to have lots of high calorie days, so I'm planning on no more than once per week.

In other braggy news, I managed to makeover my living room and kitchen this past weekend while Adam was out of town. The fact that I ran around shopping, lifting heavy items, cleaning, assembling, craigslist-bargaining, and making our apartment awesome INSTEAD of laying around watching El Bachelor is clearly a reflection of how I'm feeling about myself.

See you Friday. Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

  1. Yippee for clothes being loose on you. It's such an amazing feeling! I agree that people stop posting us much around this time. I also noticed a drop in the fall as well but your sticking with it! :) Your doing great and I look forward to your post on Friday. As long as your tracking your booze into your daily calorie count your golden! Thanks for lovely comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing what happens with your weigh-in today:) Stuff like baggy sweaters are good motivators no? Day 50? You're doing awesome:)

    ReplyDelete