I deserve that wink. I was actually looking for more of a 'celebration' type gif that would fully express my JOY at the scale this morning, but I decided to keep it classy. I feel like Don Draper would be totally on board with a Keto diet; they ate lots of steak and real butter in the 60s. You're welcome, ladies.
So. I am down SIX POUNDS since my last look at the scale. Needless to say, I am feeling super motivated to 'stay the course' because this brings me to 17 lbs off in less than two months and it's a nice pay off.
A few things I've noticed that are important for me to remember and might be helpful for you if you're doing low carb:
-Every day matters, but you don't get to see results on a daily basis. You just don't; so stop getting on the scale every morning, stop taking so many selfies, stop looking at your bedazzled-pocket size 11/13 jeans from 2001 hoping they fit you yesterday.
-Tracking matters. I've personally railed against this but I'm giving in completely. I credit tracking to this current breakthrough and now that I've found My Fitness Pal members through the Reddit xxketo board I'm getting great ideas- and I like tracking with others. If you're on MFP, please friend me-saradalhed is my username. I've logged in for at least two weeks straight and it's becoming a habit.
-The 6 lbs I 'lost' in the past 10 days were actually lost over the past 30 days. The WHOOSH is real; don't let it mess with your head.
-Notice the small things. Ooooh look-this bra I only wore once before it cut off my circulation now fits perfectly! Heeee my wedding rings are spinning around again! Yay; I can pull off these linen pants without unbuttoning them; etc.
-Keep going. Settle in; this will take awhile.
Oh, and here is a progress photo for Photo Friday:
Have a super weekend everyone and thank you so much for your support!



Awesome! And what a difference in your face:) You are quite the beauty;)
ReplyDeleteAww thank you Leigh. Maybe one of these days I'll get a coffee shop guy to get a crush on me, too. :)
DeleteWow, Congratulations!! Incredible loss!! Maybe I'll join your on MFP. I'll look into it, never used it before. I am not doing so well. I am up 6 lbs. I don't weigh every week, so I think it has crept up on me a few pounds a week. I noticed that my pants were getting tight. I am very unhappy about this development, and I need to be inspired by your success!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! :) Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteI can see great progress with your pic.
ReplyDelete