Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Day 30 Check in/Weigh in/Face Pics

So there is my face Dec 28 vs Jan 31. I'm leading with some NSV progress, y'all, because I have to post a goose egg on the weigh-in chart. I have been reading about the attractively-named phenomenon of PISS -Post-Induction Stall Syndrome- but I thought it wouldn't affect me until I was at least 40-50 lbs down. Well, not so much. I am reporting zero lbs down this morning. Fucking fucksticks, fuckers. It's now officially February and I am behind.

So i'm annoyed with:

1) I was sure I'd be down 15 lbs by now and I am not.

2) The fact that I probably have to cut down on the truvia/splenda/coke zeros. I've been obese since I was 5 and I believe I am especially insulin resistant and sensitive to sweet tastes.

3) There may be more carbs than I think in the take out lunches I eat during the work week so I have to clean things up and/or start bringing my lunch to work.

4) I am going to start tracking.

Here is the good stuff:

1) I stayed faithfully away from sugar, flour, sweets, and was in ketosis (at varying degrees) every single day.

2) I kept my promise to abstain from alcohol. I don't remember the last time I took a full month off, and today is day one of month #2. Luckily February is the shortest month, because I am ready for a glass of wine.

3) Because of my protein/fat intake and almost no policing of LCHF/Keto foods, I was never hungry and I feel more than ever that this type of eating is both sustainable and right for ME.

4) I am down 9 pounds! 9 lbs times 12 months is 108. As someone posted on one of the reddit keto boards, 'this year is going to go by whether you lose weight or not'. Pretty cut and dry but it has stuck with me- I can't HANDLE another year just 'going by'.

5) I know I'm reducing. Pants and shirts fit better, my face is de-bloating, and my bras fit better. Despite the scale stall, I see and feel progress that keeps me motivated.


One of the low-carb bloggers that motivated me at the start of January was JLovely, and he has stated that you have to push through to four months on this eating plan before you can fully judge. The wonderful Leigh at Poonapalooza also let me know that when she did Dr. Poon's diet early on and was in ketosis she experienced the 'whoosh' of big scale losses after some frustrating stalls. There are so many stories and pics on reddit of people like this nerd couple who lost 90+lbs each in a year. I also look at Kaki's slow and steady 50 lb+ loss and I know that STICKING WITH IT is so much more important than what the scale said today after only 30 days. So stick with it I will.  Happy Weekend, friends!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out girl:) I can totally see a difference in your face photos. And even though it is spirit crushing to not have a loss, keep true to your plan and I promise the scale will move. I definitely felt frustrated at times, but everything balanced out in the end. And it will for you too:) You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you wanted to lose more weight but 9 pounds in a month is a fabulous start! You can definitely see the difference in your face. Keep at it and you will lose the weight. Congrats on your success :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NSVs are hard to swallow. I know you want the tangible reward of a smaller number. I totally get that, and I feel the same way. You are definitely re-defining your face, though. I can see the difference. You're right...sticking with it is the only way to go. I saw that quote too "time will pass anyway." I like the black and white evidence of tracking. That way, when I don't see movement on the scale, I can look at my food log and KNOW, for sure, that I'm eating the right way. I feel so much better when I stick to my plan. I had a rough week, and by Friday, I felt completely horrible...no energy, high blood sugar weakness...the works! I am making a vow that I will not eat even ONE MORE Girl Scout thin mint. Damn those little green boxes.

    Keep going, girl. I'm right there with you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though the number on the scale may be frustrating, look at all the things you successfully accomplished in January! Stick to it, and you'll be pleased with the results :)

    ReplyDelete