Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, October 22, 2012

Kinect! Plus a bonus Pinterest Rant!

That is a picture of me, taking a picture of myself with my cellphone... of my image projected into the xbox Kinect game 'Your Shape'. I like the Kinect and I like this game a whole lot- the particular mini-game above is sort of like the electronic game Simon from the 80s except you use your feet instead of your hands. When the panels around my feet (or ankle stubs, depending on how far back I'm standing from the camera) light up, I have to stomp onto that section of the circle. If both the right and left sides light up at the same time, I have jump up so I step down on both sides at once- note I posted a picture not video. In some games you are onscreen with an avatar and you're basically a background dancer but in other ones like Stomp It you're the only character and it's basically you in all your lumpy glory but slightly video-gamed up. When you do a bunch of moves in a row correctly, your body gets all gold and sparklevampire-like which is fun because you're glittery and also because the glowing makes your body appear a little closer to an ideal silhouette.

While I used the word 'lumpy' above, I actually don't mind looking at myself when I'm working out- for what it's worth I think it's cool that I can keep up with the kickboxing avatars or the dumbbell squat trainer guy- plus it's a realistic way to check for progress and 'non scale victories'. If you squint at the shot above you'll see an old friend of mine named Lefty Kneecap has come out to visit after a little bit of a hiatus. The recluse formerly known as 'Sara's Waist' has been in hiding since I was in my twenties, but she'll be around again in 2013 if I keep at this whole weight watchin' and blogging thing.

Meanwhile, I'm off to unfollow all dessert-related Pinterest boards. ENOUGH with the buttery-chocolate-moist-fudgey-cookie-dough-kids-birthday-candycane-brickle-pumpkin-creamcheesefrosting mother fucking food porn already. I foolishly clicked on something called 'Potato Candy' today- guess how you make it? You boil a potato, mash it up, add butter, plus, oh, two POUNDS of confectionery sugar until it becomes a sticky dough which you then roll out, slather on half a jar of peanut butter, and then spindle it all together 'stomach roll style' (sorry jelly roll style) and then (if you can stop yourself from just deep-throating the whole log then and there) refrigerate it before slicing it into hellish little pinwheels of death. People say it tastes like fudge or its Bible Belt confectionery cousin, Divinity. In the words of Valerie Cherish, 'I don't need to SEE that!'.

Night, friends. Please have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I have the biggest loser for the Xbox Kinect! My husband and I actually did it last night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to wish you the best with your weight loss. You can do this! I've lost 133 and still going, so I know it can be done. Feel free to check me out at emisgettinghealthy.blogspot.com or email me at emylou7956@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete