Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 11, 2012

sluggish ruggish bones (plus an ActiveLink endorsement)

Today is Thursday, day 6 of my current weight loss week if you will (and you will). Days one through five of my weight loss week were fraught with bursts of random activity, trips to the gym (okay ONE trip to the gym), and purposeful jaunts up and down the 22-step flight of stairs at work- but today I felt schlumpy and weak. This will turn around tomorrow (day before the weigh-in so clearly my awesomeness will kick back in) but meanwhile I shall vent into the void.

What I've been so enthusiastic about, see, is making the little LED indicators on my ActiveLink turn green. The device you wear has six spots that light up as you hit your personalized activity goals throughout the day. Because my assessment during the first seven days was so weaksauce, the amount of activity I have to do to achieve 100% of my daily goal (right now it is equal to 1 Activity Point) isn't insane, but the regular stuff- walk to the car, walk from parking lot to office, cook dinner then lay on the couch before laying in bed reading is definitely NOT sufficient. I don't want to get to the end of the day only hitting 50-75% of the goal so I've been doing things that many people do but are new and different for me. At work I'm getting up/walking around more and going up and down the stairs (did I mention there are 22 of them?) while I wait for my frozen food lunches to microwave. The other day I walked around the block while waiting for a takeout order. At home in the evening (except for today because I felt so medium) I've been turning on dance-y playlists as soon as I get in and moving around more while cooking or cleaning up. All the 'extra' activity actually does add up, and when you add an actual workout to the extra stuff, you see numbers like 149% (Sunday) and 156% (Wednesday). Today I walked just a little bit extra during my work day, and then tonight I stopped at the grocery store, did laundry, cooked dinner, then did enough walking around the house to hit 104%. I know I hit 104% because I plugged it into the computer, but I also know I hit my 100% because 4 of the possible six spots on my ActiveLink are green:


Wait. I just realized I was supposed to be venting. I was tired today and had a six hour headache. The toilet seat at work creaked loudly when I sat on it. Cry me a river. Way more importantly, I'm getting all techno-nerd active and I feel like I've emptied out a few more fat cells. I'm excited/nervous to go to my meeting on Saturday morning. If I can trust what I've learned on shows like the Biggest Loser, I should be prepared for a small number since I lost nine last week.  However, I am hoping to be able to vote off the Samoan diabetic so I'm shooting for somewhere around 5 lbs. Time will tell. Two days time!

No comments:

Post a Comment