Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, January 12, 2014

First weigh-in of 2014...

...And I've lost 6 lbs in my first ten days back to low-carb/high fat. This puts me on track with my projection from the start of the year- I plan to lose about 15 lbs per month the first three months and then things will slow little by little. Was I hoping for a little more since it was my first check-in? Of course I was. I'm a greedy, results-oriented person and I had visions of the more attractive numbers 8 or 9 dancing in my head. That being said, 6 is sweet; 6 is something to smile about; 6 is a number to celebrate; 6 is a number that invigorates and inspires me to KEEP GOING.

Just for a visual reference (you guys know I love the image search), this is a random person holding what 5 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of fat look like:



I'm sure that lady is like 98 lbs, but that 5 lb chunk is nothing to ignore. So I'm pleased and ready for another 10 days. I have a pork shoulder in the crock pot right now and I'm practically drowning in  ketosis-themed youtube videos and grain-free blogs. If you're looking for low-carb recipes, I Breathe I'm Hungry and Your Lighter Side are beautiful, well-done sites. 

The only weirdness I've experienced in the last 10 days happened to be last night when I decided to slurp down a big honkin' dose of coconut oil around 11pm. I had just read several articles that made it sound like the oil is basically responsible for making alzeheimer's patients and neurologically damaged 6-year-olds look like extras from High School Musical so I figured I should take a spoonful before bed. Bad Idea Jeans. I have cooked with coconut oil, and I've added it to coffee on occasion-but never 'straight'. My stomach was upset all night and I couldn't sleep. I've found some data saying that coconut oil could cause adverse effects when it's killing yeasty old wheat-belly fungus in your gut, but perhaps I just shouldn't take a spoonful of fat just before bed. Lesson learned.

10 days in and 6 lbs off tells me to stay with the basics- high fat, moderate protein, low carb is my plan for 2014.  Have a good weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job! Congratulations:) And I couldn't help but chuckle over your coconut oil story...sorry:)

    ReplyDelete