Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Less Wheezy, More Weezy


Today is the 7th of January (for a few more hrs here in LA anyway) and I'm 6 days on low carb/high fat and feeling all the good things that go along with it. Just to remind myself of the benefits(and use this entry as a reference when I even consider slacking), here are some positive changes since Jan 2:

-my face is depuffing
-my nose is less wheezy
-my jeans are already feeling more comfortable
-i'm not mad at myself for overeating and/or drinking too much- because I'm not doing it.
-i feel better about who I am because I'm on the right path

I know this is a drop in the bucket, but I'm also stopping to congratulate myself on 6 days of not only the low-carbing but also on not drinking. I've claimed I was taking a 'break' from drinking in the past but it's been a long time since I've made it more than 4-5 days without a glass of red wine or a vodka drink. What am I doing with all these sober hours? Har. My evenings are more productive, but I've yet to get myself back to the gym. Over the weekend during the football game, I made wings and drank diet orange soda and then I took a walk in the neighborhood. Adam is fully on board with low carb but he's been quietly making himself some no-carb cocktails which gives me a twinge of jealousy- but then I find that I'm NOT seriously tempted to break down and have one myself. I'm on a mission.

For the next two months these are my non-negotiable terms: Eat low carb/high fat. Drink no alcohol. Weigh in every ten days. Write. Reflect. Repeat.

There are of course more things I want to work on but those first two will work some serious magic. Taking it one day at a time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a bit behind in blog reading...I love Weezy! Sounds like you're off to an awesome start! Keep it up and you will get the results you want. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 6 days is a WIN! It feels so good to have some consecutive days of success. I am so glad to hear the high fat/low carb is agreeing with you. Do you do eggs for breakfast? I like eggs, but I've been eating them for breakfast FOREVER, and I'm getting a bit tired of them...I haven't been creative enough to come up with something else. Back when I used to drink, I think I liked it because it allowed me to forget things I was thinking/worrying about...it was a form of avoidance for me. Now that I'm clear headed all the time, I've learned that I can think about things, feel uncomfortable about them, and it won't kill me! (Some days are easier than others, of course) I know what you mean about the face de-puffing... Of all the places on my body that I've lost weight, I swear it makes me the happiest that I lost weight in my face!! Keep going, girl!

    ReplyDelete