Saturday, January 11, 2014
Scale tomorrow; feeling antsy
"What a beautiful way to say Merry Christmas"- with damn scale. No. No. (no). Google image search is so wonderful. Also, I would break that scale in half. Moving on.
Cheese/spinach omelette with bacon for breakfast and I actually did some exercise today- intervals on the x-iser for 8 minutes and then did arms/shoulders with free weights. Lunch will be something leftover from the fridge and then tonight will be sauteed brussel sprouts and chicken cordon bleu (or sort of- breasts stuffed with Canadian bacon -eh- and some cheese).
Yesterday was day 9 very low carb/high fat. I've been in dark pink/purple on the ketostick pretty much all week and I am eating like a CHAMP- assuming you consider butter, meat, bacon, spinach, blue cheese dressing, eggs, and chicken wings to be the food of champions. I actually do, and if you're into low carb and have some time to kill, this video from the FatHead movie guy, Tom Naughton, which happened to be shot in my hometown of Springfield, is worth watching:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KzPnnDDCIjo
We watched it on the TV screen via chromecast the other night and there were a few parts that were equal parts fascinating and frustrating. Naughton hits on all the ways that fat consumption actually DOESN'T cause heart disease and then talks about how as recently as the 50s/60s/70s everyone from the characters on the Andy Griffith show to your grandma knew that bread, grains, and certainly sugar make you fat. It is interesting just to ruminate for a second on how as a country everyone was basically slim when we were drinking whole milk, eating salisbury steak, and making eggs cooked in real butter.
Anyway, tomorrow will be the first of many eye-poppingly-successful weigh-ins for the year. Every ten days.
Meanwhile, this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Best of luck with the weigh in tomorrow!!!!
ReplyDelete