Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

36 hrs til Weigh-in #3 and Food is Delicious

This is one of those 'blog instead of eat', 'write instead of drink' posts- I know I've had high calorie week and I've got to pull myself together. Tonight was about getting my intake under control which means after dinner I didn't crack into a bottle of wine or get creative with the cream cheese desserts. Over the weekend up at my in-laws, Adam and I stayed low carb- my mother-in-law cooked two amazing low carb dinners, actually, and we had plenty of good choices at every meal. On the car ride up we drank sugar free Monsters and ate Quest bars, and on the ride home we got In-N-Out burgers protein style. That said, I had two days in a row of about 3200 calories which is too many. I am also thinking I need to cool it on the processed foods- it's a bit early to start working in bars- even if they're low carb they're not super good for me. Snacking is also something that I need to watch- a few chunks of cheese and salami is totally keto, but if I know I'm about to eat an 800 cal dinner and have 250 cal of wine ten minutes later why have a snacky cheese pile? WHY? I guess because food is delicious, that's why. This weekend I went north of 3,000 calories because of extras like cheese, sour cream, and plenty of red wine -a constant temptation that I give into with very little resistance.


Low carb is my friend, but I'm a life long compulsive eater and I can abuse food and drink like no one's business even when restrictions are in place. I know that for me at my weight there is no excuse not to keep on dropping a couple lbs per week so I'm going to keep tracking (today was day 20 in a row on myfitnesspal- hooray!) and striving to stay accountable.

Hope everyone is pushing through the end of the month and sticking with your private and public resolutions. I'll be back Friday with a weight update.


2 comments:

  1. Managing to stay on plan during a trip is a big accomplishment. So nice of your MIL to do something to accommodate and encourage you! I, too,have high calorie days. At least you recognize and acknowledge it's a problem. I have recognized and acknowledged a lot of attitude shortcomings on my part. I love to binge, but I hate how I feel in the morning. Swollen, bloated, and like a failure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say congratulations on the 18 lbs lost!!

    ReplyDelete